Часто задаваемые вопросы
About the bus service
- Where does the bus go?
- Our daily bus service operates in the popular tourist areas of Kuta, Sanur, and Ubud. Kura-Kura Bus connect throughtout the tourist area of Bali -especially Ubud and vice versa.
- When does the bus service operate?
- From 09:00 to 17:33, . For more details, please see the Time Schedule.
- How do I get the bus?
- Go to one of the dedicated bus stops located at various tourist destinations and shopping malls, or the main DFS Bus Bay in Kuta. Passengers can use either a Kura-Kura Bus Ticket.
- How much does it cost?
- The fare varies from One Way Ticket and Round Trip Ticket ranges from Rp.100,000 for single trip and Rp. 160,000 for round trip. For fare information, please see Ticket Info.
- How do I buy a ticket?
- There are two types of ticket - Kura-Kura (One Way and Round Trip) Ticket
Tickets can be purchased at Driver and on the board of the bus. For locations, please see Ticket Info.
- If, for example, I want to travel from Airport to Puri Lukisan Museum on the Ubud area, do I have to get off the bus to continue along the line?
- You can go to Ubud area directly from Rport Food Hall to Puri Lukisan Museum. New Kura-Kura Bus route map give you option to choose which route suitable for you.
- Can I get off anywhere along the bus line?
- No, the bus only stops at designated Kura-Kura bus stops.
- How can I check if the bus is on time/late?
- For up to date bus service status, download the FREE MOBILE APP, available at Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Can I pay in foreign currencies, like USD or JPY?
- No, only IDR is accepted for cash payments.
- Do buses go to the airport?
- Unfortunately our bus service does not operate in the airport area. But we have new bus stop Rport Food hall, which is near exit north gate airport.
- Do children have to pay?
- Kura-Kura Ticket
Each child 2 years and under, using the same seat as an adult, can travel free of charge. Children using their own seat will be charged normal price.
- Where can I buy a Kura-Kura Ticket?
- Kura-Kura Tickets can be bought from driver and on board the bus on all lines.
- How do you use a Kura-Kura Ticket?
- When boarding the bus, simply drop your ticket in the box located near the door.
- Can I refund Kura-Kura Ticket that have not been used?
- What if I leave something behind on the bus? Who can I contact?
- Please contact Customer Service for Lost & Found items.
- Which languages are available at Customer Service?
- Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Can I bring luggage on board the bus?
- One item of hand luggage is allowed per person. Please check the size prior to traveling, as baggage that exceeds the maximum size (H*L*W) 81cm X 56cm X 36cm will not be permitted on the bus. Surfboards and larger items can not be stored. Additional charge Rp 20.000 per luggage .
- Is there any compensation in the case of an accident?
- All passengers are insured during their travels on Kura-Kura Bus in accordance with conditions of MSIG travel accident insurance. Limit of Liability per person is as follows:
Death/Disablement : USD 100,000.00
Medical Expenses : USD 10,000.00
- Can I take my surfboard on the bus?
- Do buses have wheelchair access?
- Unfortunately our buses do not offer wheelchair facilities at this time.
- Do bus seats have seat belts?
- Yes, all the seats are equipped with seat belts. We recommend that all passengers use seat belts for their own safety.
- What if I don't get a seat?
- Our bus service operates regularly every day between 09:00 and 17:33 If the bus is full, simply wait for the next bus. Standing on the bus is not permitted. Seat for the famous Ubud area trip, we recommend to pre-booked here. Online booking can be made up to 2 hours before departure
- Can I use my mobile phone on the bus?
- Are you allowed to eat and drink on the bus?
- Please refrain from eating and drinking on the bus.